Explore Kanha Tiger Reserve in 3 hours open jeep ride organized by forest department of Madhya Pradesh. The State animal of Madhya Pradesh - Hard Ground Barasingha is found exclusively in Kanha Tiger Reserve. If you are looking forward to visit the Kanha National Park, you need to book your safari in advance.
Open jeeps are used as vehicles for Jeep Safari in Kanha forest to explore the forest very closely and clearly. Six people can be accommodated in the jeep, apart from the driver and nature guide. Since there is no guarantee that you will be able to spot the tiger in a single safari, it is usually recommended to book more than one safari to increase your chances of tiger spotting.
Package Rate & Inclusions:
- For Indians: INR 3,700/- per jeep per time
- For Foreigners: INR 7,000/- per jeep per time
- Permit issued by Forest department to enter in to the zone
- Payment processing charges & GST
- Amount for Driver and Guide is to be paid by traveller at the time of boarding.
- Camera fees are not included in the package. (There is no charge for Mobile Phones.)
- Jeep safari and zone is given as per subject to availability.
- You have to reach at the booked entry gate on time on safari boarding day.
Operation period: from 1st October to 30th June. However, you can enjoy Jeep Safari in buffer zone throughout the year. Evening Safari remains closed on every Wednesday in Kanha National Park.
Details of core area gates & No. of jeeps:
Bandhavgarh National Park is divided into four core zones; Kanha, Kisli, Mukki, Sarhi.
Each core zone has different entry gates named Khatiya, Mukki and Sarhi. From Mukki Gate, one can only enter for morning safari in Kanha Zone. From Sarhi Gate, one can only enter for morning safari in Kisli Zone. Details for enrty gates are as followes for each zone;
|Morning||Khatyia / Mukki / Sarhi||Khatyia / Mukki / Sarhi||Khatyia / Mukki||Khatyia / Sarhi|
|Evening||Khatyia / Sarhi||Khatyia / Mukki||Khatyia / Mukki||Khatyia / Sarhi|
Safari timings in Core zone:
|Timing||01 Oct - 31 Dec||01 Jan - 31 Mar||01 Apr - 30 Jun|
|Morning||6:00 to 11:30 am||6:30 to 11:30 am||5:30 to 11:30 am|
|Evening||3:00 to 6:00 pm||3:00 to 5:30 pm||4:00 to 7:00 pm|
- 50% Refund, if cancelled between 60 - 90 days prior to safari boarding date
- 25% Refund, if cancelled between 40 - 59 days prior to safari boarding date
- No Refund, if cancelled between 0 - 39 days prior to safari boarding date
- Days are calculated excluding the Safari Boarding day & Cancellation request day.
- Cancellation request received after 6 PM will be considered on next working day.
*Cancellation policy mentioned above is subject to change.
It is mandatory to provide ID proof detail of all members while booking. ID proofs submitted while Safari Booking will be verified with the original ID proofs at safari boarding time. Boarding will not be possible if found any discrepancy and any refund will not be processed in this case. No ID proofs are accepted other than mentioned in the Booking Form.
Once the safari is booked, any kind of modification is strictly NOT possible. We will refund full amount (except payment gateway charges) in case of unavailability of requested jeep safari.
Forest department reserves the right to cancel the permit or slightly modify the timing in unavoidable circumstances. Decision of the forest department will be final in such case.
The State animal of Madhya Pradesh - Hard Ground Barasingha is found exclusively in Kanha Tiger Reserve. Through holistic conservation approach and effective management practices, the Tiger Reserve has seen rise in population of this symbolic deer species which was once on the verge of extinction from the Earth.
The lush green forests of Kanha, composed majorly of Sal (Shorea Robusta) and other mixed forest trees, supports the growth of rich and varied flora and fauna.